Designers & Architects
We hope that you will consider Byrd Tile Distributors as an extension of your current resource room. You will find our showrooms to be comfortable and professional atmospheres in which to select and design tile according to your clients’ needs.
When you visit Byrd Tile, please ask about our Designer Advantage Program, our way of showing you how much we appreciate your business!
Why choose Byrd Tile for your next project?
- Tiles from the highest quality manufacturers fill our two NC showrooms. We handpick our vendors to ensure exceptional designs, colors and functionality. Some of our exclusive tile manufacturers include Sonoma Tilemakers, Walker Zanger, Original Style of England and Villi Glass of Austria.
- From the pages of your favorite design magazine, we offer the newest looks in tile — like color-rich glass, detailed metals, handmade ceramics and commercial quality porcelains, exotic onyx, rare marble and granite, as well as limestone, travertine and slate from around the world.
- Byrd Tile’s experts, our design consultants, are available by appointment to help select and design your tile job, one room or the entire estate.
- Our Raleigh and Greenville showrooms feature large workspaces to use for laying out your concepts/designs.
- We have hundreds of tile concept boards so the client can visualize the design.
- Tile samples, architectural binders and beautiful ad slicks are available to check out for color matching or presentations.
- Our tile showrooms host educational seminars with factory representatives.
- Byrd Tile has the area’s largest warehouse of stock tiles for “at once” jobs.
- How can tile help a building earn LEED Certification points?
Today, almost all of Byrd Tile’s tile manufacturers have earth-friendly factories. These factories capture the heat from their kilns and re-circulate it into their drying rooms or use the heat to warm the factories in winter. Their clay and glazes are recaptured and recycled into new tile products and the tile manufacturers use 100% lead-free glazes. Most of Byrd Tile’s manufacturers also recycle their water, keeping the sludge and impurities out of our water supply. Also, stone left on the cutting room floors is recaptured and cut into smaller pieces to form beautiful mosaic borders. Even the boxes used for shipping the tiles are made from recycled cardboard. When those boxes arrive at Byrd Tile, we also recycle the boxes, keeping them out of our landfills.
Technically, these earth friendly processes are good for our environment but these processes do not qualify for LEED Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – a rating system created and administered by the US Green Building Council).
- So, specifically, how can tile help a building earn certification points?
If the raw materials to create the tiles are harvested, produced and delivered within a 500-mile radius, the US Green Building Council considers the product to be more environmentally friendly and awards points toward LEED certification. Byrd Tile has several tiles that are manufactured within a 500-mile radius; Seneca Tiles in Attica, OH and The Green Co. in Clarksville, TN, just to name a few!
Also, if the content of the tile has 10% – 20% or more post-consumer re-cycled product, then the US Green Building Council considers it to be environmentally friendly and awards points toward LEED certification. Byrd Tile has many tiles that are made with recycled post-consumer materials like Vihara Glass tile, Green Tech porcelain tile and Mizu Crackled ceramic tiles just to name a few!